SkinMedica Lytera 2.0
SkinMedica Lytera 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum. Created from a proprietary blend of powerful ingredients, Lytera® 2.0 has been clinically shown to improve the appearance of skin discolouration across diverse ethnicities and skin types.
SkinMedica Lytera 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum. Created from a proprietary blend of powerful ingredients, Lytera® 2.0 has been clinically shown to improve the appearance of skin discoloration across diverse ethnicities and skin types.
An advanced Pigment Correcting Serum formulated to address the appearance of stubborn skin discoloration.
- All skin types
- You have dark spots or patches on your face resulting in an uneven skin tone.
- Reduce the appearance of skin discolouration
- Brightens dull skin
- Reduces the appearance of dark spots, creating a more even skin tone
- Improvements seen in as early as 2 weeks and progressively dramatic results at 12 weeks and beyond
SkinMedica Lytera Review Video
How to use SkinMedica Lytera
- AM and PM
- Apply to face (neck and chest, if desired) or other affected areas each morning and evening after cleansing.
- Brightens skin
- Minimize visible skin discolouration
- Minimize the appearance of dark spots
- Improves overall skin condition
- Formulated to address even the most stubborn skin discoloration, regardless of skin type or genetic makeup
- Improvements were seen in as early as 2 weeks with progressively dramatic results at 12 weeks and beyond
- Helps optimize results of multiple treatment approaches, including chemical peels, laser therapy, microdermabrasion, and prescription skincare products, such as hydroquinone
- Non-hydroquinone, retinol-free, paraben-free, fragrance-free, non-comedogenic formulation
Water/Aqua/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Polyacrylate-13, Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Tranexamic Acid,Vitis Vinifera(Grape) Flower Cell Extract, Plankton Extract, Tetrapeptide-30,Artemisia CapillarisFlower Extract,Vibrio Alginolyticus Ferment Filtrate, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydroxyacetophenone, Phytic Acid, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol.
- Tranexamic Acid
Helps correct the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
- Phenylethyl Resorcinol
Helps support melanin balance to correct the appearance of hyperpigmentation.
- Niacinamide & Tetrapeptide-30
Helps prevent the appearance of new spots while visibly balancing the appearance of your skin tone.
- Marine Extract Blend
Helps to correct and prevent the appearance of hyperpigmentation while supporting a healthy skin barrier.
- Phytic Acid
Enhances skin texture and promotes even-looking skin.
SkinMedica Lytera 2.0 Q&A
What skin type is appropriate for Lytera 2.0 Pigment Correcting Serum?
Lytera 2.0 has been shown to reduce the appearance of even the most stubborn hyperpigmentation across diverse skin tones, types, and concerns.
Can Lytera® 2.0 be used with no visible skin discoloration, but to only brighten one’s complexion?
Lytera 2.0 is designed to improve the clarity, evenness, and overall appearance of most skin tones and types.
Does Lytera® 2.0 work on acne-prone skin?
Lytera 2.0 is non-comedogenic and developed to work well on all skin types. The retinol-free, hydroquinone-free formulation is ideal for skin prone to irritation or inflammatory lesions.
What results are expected from using Lytera® 2.0?
- Clinical studies demonstrated the following results:
- Improved appearance of evenness of skin tone
- The improved overall appearance of the skin
- Increased radiance and clarity of the skin
- Lessened appearance of darker patches and discolorations
- It's important to note that results vary depending on severity and cause of hyperpigmentation. For optimal results, patients must comply with their recommended treatment plan, apply sunscreen daily as needed, and avoid excessive sun exposure.
How long until visible improvements can be expected?
In some cases, results were seen in as early as 2 weeks with increasingly dramatic improvements at weeks 4, 8, 12 and beyond. Results may vary depending on the severity of the condition. For optimal results, patients must adhere to the treatment plan, use sunscreen daily, and avoid excessive sun exposure.
Is Lytera 2.0 safe for use with pregnant or breast-feeding patients?
The safety of our products has not been established in vulnerable populations, including women who are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding. Standard cosmetic safety testing is conducted with our products in healthy adult human volunteers that are not pregnant. Lytera® 2.0 does not contain any known teratogenic ingredients, ingredients known to harm mother and/or baby. Therefore, pregnancy is not considered a contraindication for Lytera® 2.0.
How long should patients wait before applying sunscreen?
Allow Lytera 2.0 to absorb fully into the skin before applying sunscreen, approximately 3-5 minutes.
How long should patients use Lytera 2.0?
In clinical studies, optimal results were achieved within 3 months and, in some cases, visible improvements were seen in as early as 2 weeks. However, since hyperpigmentation is a chronic condition that has no known cure, it must be constantly managed with an optimal treatment approach including the daily application of SPF and avoidance of excess sun exposure. Use of Lytera® 2.0 is recommended as long as results are desired.
Should I use Lytera 2.0 only as a spot treatment?
In clinical studies, the formula was shown to be effective when applied to the entire face and was not evaluated as a spot treatment.
How often should Lytera 2.0 be applied?
For best results, 1 pump of Lytera 2.0 applied twice daily (morning and evening) is recommended.
Where should Lytera 2.0 be applied?
Lytera 2.0 can be used on the face, neck, chest, or other affected areas.
How long should one (1) 2 oz Lytera 2.0 bottle last?
A 2 oz bottle should last 8-10 weeks if used according to package directions, 1 pump, twice daily (morning and evening).
What are the proper storage conditions for Lytera 2.0?
As with most SkinMedica® products, Lytera 2.0 should be stored at room temperature 15-30 degrees Celsius (59-86 degrees Fahrenheit). Avoid exposure to extreme heat or cold.