Elta MD UV Sport SPF 50. Have your fun in the sun—but play it safe. This sunscreen is great for swimmers, skiers, runners, golfers and other athletes – or for those who just love to be outdoors! UV Sport is water-resistant so it won’t rinse off in water or drip into your eyes and sting when you sweat.
Features & Benefits
- UVA/UVB sun protection
- The hydrating formula goes on smooth, absorbs quickly, and does not leave the face shiny
- Will not rinse off in water or drip into eyes due to perspiration
- Water-resistant (80 minutes)
Active Ingredients: 9.0% Zinc oxide, 7.50% Octinoxate, 5.0% Octisalate
Ingredient Insights: Zinc oxide: Natural mineral compound that works as a sunscreen agent by reflecting and scattering UVA and UVB rays
- Octinoxate: Organic compound that helps increase UV protection
- Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E): Antioxidant that reduces free radicals to help diminish the visible signs of ageing
How to use Elta MD UV Sport SPF 50
- Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure
- After 80 minutes of swimming or sweating
- Immediately after towel drying
- At least every 2 hours
Sun Protection Measures.
Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad-spectrum SPF of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Wear long-sleeve shirts, pants, hats, and sunglasses
Before use on children under 6 months: Ask a physician
Sunscreens used to say “waterproof” but now they don’t. Why not?
Since the FDA’s Final Rule went into effect, manufacturers cannot label sunscreens as “waterproof” or “sweatproof”, or identify their products as “sunblocks,” because these claims overstate their effectiveness.
Is EltaMD water-resistant?
Yes, EltaMD UV Sport Broad-Spectrum SPF 50 is! UV Sport is water-resistant so it won’t rinse off in water or drip into your eyes and sting when you sweat.
You May Also Like